G-Force Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums of the G-Force Clan

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SeasonsInTheAbyss

Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks.. Empty
PostSubject: Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks..   Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks.. EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 pm

I will not be able to play any type of game in the next few weeks because my computer is the worst computer known to man. Every year my computer decides it will stop loading the desktop and the desktop will always crash so I have to do a complete system reinstall. This means that even though my computer backed up all my game files and such before reinstalling the operating system, the dumbass computer is too stupid to simply move the files back into the C:/ drive. So I have a complete folder full of all my old files, but they cannot be used. So, I will have to reinstall all of my games, rip all of my music to my computer again, retrieve all of my modding files and downloaded programs from their respective websites, and I have to do this all with the worlds slowest DSL connection, which only downloads at a terrible 34 kB/s, and that's on a great day. It's often very sporadic and can be as low as 10 kB/s for hours on end.

This sucks really, really bad but I have to do it and I wont have any time to play games because my ping will be through the roof in due to me downloading files. The games, I estimate, will take 2 weeks of non-stop downloading to redownload. Then I have to reinstall my ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics card, reinstall my speakers, recalibrate my printer, and then update all of those from online. I estimate that will take a few days as itself. And then, on top of ALL of that, I have to defragment my entire C:/ drive, which includes to 4 years of backup files and current system files. That alone, will take an eternity. I already started the defragmentation but it's only at 3% after 6 hours of defragmenting. My C:/ drive has 111 GB worth of stuff.. Estimated time, 5 days. *Sigh* I hate my computer. It's a great gaming system, but it's a piece of shit computer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alwayscriminallyinsane
Sparten23
Admin
Sparten23

PostSubject: Re: Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks..   Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks.. EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

thanks ok man, i had to reinstall the OS on my laptop Sad , but the good news is that im running windows 7 and i love it cheers
Back to top Go down
http://theproudgs.weebly.com/
SeasonsInTheAbyss

PostSubject: Re: Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks..   Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks.. EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Sparten23 wrote:
thanks ok man, i had to reinstall the OS on my laptop Sad , but the good news is that im running windows 7 and i love it cheers
Lol, at least you don't have a crappy internet though. It's going to take me forever to download all of this crap. And if I find my graphics card installation CD sometime today I can hopefully set aside sometime for L4D Survival Mode tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alwayscriminallyinsane
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks..   Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcment regarding my ability to play in the coming weeks..
Page 1 of 1