G-Force Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums of the G-Force Clan

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Team captain, on a game by game basis...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
d_sparks

d_sparks

Team captain, on a game by game basis... Empty
PostSubject: Team captain, on a game by game basis...   Team captain, on a game by game basis... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 am

Here's an idea I thought up...

OK, before each match, we sit down and figure out who's going to be the "captain" of the team for that game. Basically, everyone should follow the captain's lead... Basically, it's a way to keep the games organized and methodical, rather then let's just all do this and that. The captain makes the decisions for that game, so we can't have any more of this "well, i think we should go to the left" "no, taking that way means you're gay, go right" it'll be "ok guys, let's head down the middle so we can cut out the bridge part" or something... as long as the captain isn't retarded, it should make everything flow easier and more organized.

we tried it tonight and i think it did alright, but I was the chosen captain of our game, so i'd need you guys's's's feedback as to whether you think it'll be worth trying some more. i personally like the idea of having a leader (actually, i'd rather BE the leader) and take a lot of the thought process out of it.

of course there are problems like one person may not like going a certain way or whatever, or the captain is tripping on acid and leads the team into a suicide ring every 5 minutes, but if we decide to adopt something like this, we'll have to work stuff like that out as a team (personally, i think if someone is captain and EVERYTIME they make incredibly poor decisions that constantly break down the team, then that person shouldn't have the option of being captain next time)

but this wouldn't be a permanent thing, you can be the captain of one game (or round, however we choose to do it) and not a captain in the next. it should have nothing to do with rank, and the "captain" title shouldn't extend beyond the current game...

thoughts? opinions? questions? comments? concerns?

like i said, it's just something i thought up and we can give it a try if yall want, and if it doesn't work very well, then we can just toss it out the window, no biggy...
Back to top Go down
[GF]<Mr.G>

[GF]<Mr.G>

PostSubject: Re: Team captain, on a game by game basis...   Team captain, on a game by game basis... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm

I think this is a great idea. I've noticed recently we are all blabing out what to do, and it usually results in someone dying/messing up. It takes some time getting used to, especally me always voicing imput when it should be the capatain, but at least I caught myself as I was doing it. Any way I think it should go on a map by map basis. Meaning the same captain for one survivor round and one infected round alike. If that captain does well and the rest of the players like him, then we can elect to have him continuing on the next map.
If not we can always pick a new one. That way if the captain does lead a total failure we're not stuck with him.

Now just because we fail doesn't necesarily mean the captain had a bad plan. Maybe the other team just had good defense or everyone had poor execution. However, that can only be determined in game based on everyones opinions.

Well thats my thought on the matter. I really like this Idea, especally when we play against actaul teams, like next wednesday, who are far more coordinated than pubies
Back to top Go down
SeasonsInTheAbyss

PostSubject: Re: Team captain, on a game by game basis...   Team captain, on a game by game basis... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't want to praise too much, but I think this is a great, great idea. My only problem is that I know what my strengths and weakness' are... and if I get in a situation which I know to stay away from, then I'm pretty much screwed. And well, I'm also one of the people who don't like to have to choose what way the entire group will go. I'm not subservient or submissive, but I'd rather not make my input the final decision.

But I'm all for this idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alwayscriminallyinsane
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team captain, on a game by game basis...   Team captain, on a game by game basis... Empty

Back to top Go down

Team captain, on a game by game basis...
Page 1 of 1