G-Force Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums of the G-Force Clan

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

need smarter people with admin privs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
adamdavis

need smarter people with admin privs? Empty
PostSubject: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 pm

I was just in game, all three of my teammates were dead, i was down to basically 0 health, boomed, in the middle of an event, and so instead of sitting around, pointlessly killing zombies, i just suicided so we could move to the next round, i was then kicked. I understand kicking if someone's joining and just effin about, but the round was over, it made no difference. its called discretion.
Back to top Go down
DirtyWienerDog

DirtyWienerDog

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:42 am

That is an automatic kick I believe.
Back to top Go down
adamdavis

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 am

automatic, as i the server automatically kicks you if you fall and die? thats a pretty fancy script you got running; sucks for anyone who accidentally falls to their death. Id bet my cash on it being the admin who was ingame at the time.
Back to top Go down
d_sparks

d_sparks

PostSubject: it's not automatic   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:54 pm

that's not an automatic thing, idk who kicked you (i'm an admin) but if we see someone suicide in a situation like that, there is no warrant for kicking/banning

if there was at least ONE teammate alive, however, if you suicide, we'll see it as you're abandoning your team (even if it's bleak, just play the game) but if no one else is alive, then that's not really a kicking/banning matter...

also, some of our "non-admin" members have access to kick/ban ONLY, so that if they're playing on the server when an admin isn't around and someone is being a jackass, then they can take care of that (we want our server to be rid of jerks, hacks, jackasses, etc. and the only two powers available are kick and ban) so it may have just been someone without full understanding of the rules and without full admin access, but i wasn't there, so i don't know

if you give me your steam ID (go into any server, type status into the console) i can un-ban you from our server, should you happen to run across it again...
Back to top Go down
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:18 am

Adam post your steam id like sparks said and one of us will unban you. Once I get your steam id I'll look into who banned you.
Back to top Go down
adamdavis

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:37 am

# 32 7 "JoshDavis[holler!]" STEAM_1:1:9891382 00:31 542 39 active 10000

dont even know if i was banned. kicked for sure. and thanks for responding guys. i appreciate it. not really a big deal i suppose, but i was just pretty shocked by the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:40 am

You were only kicked not banned.

Quote :
L 07/13/2009 - 18:00:47: [basecommands.smx] "[GF]<Mr.G>{Rifle-Expert}[A]<165><STEAM_1:1:971263><>" kicked "JoshDavis[holler!]<184><STEAM_1:1:9891382><>" (reason "")

Your gonna have to talk with Mr.G about the exact reason behind the kick since one was not entered, but most likely he thought you were one of the many minges trying to screw over your team.
Back to top Go down
adamdavis

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 am

shrug. not much to talk about. what i said happened is how it happened. im not one to screw over my team. i stick around til the end, even if my team is getting fucked. wouldnt have jumped unless all hope was lost. which again is why i have the thread subject...i think any reasonable person (of course im biased, i suppose) would've seen the situation my team was in as NO WIN.
Back to top Go down
[GF]<Mr.G>

[GF]<Mr.G>

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:23 pm

LOL of course it was me I just had that feeling. I am one of the Head Admins. Sorry, but you were kicked for a member. Not becuase you jumped off. It was at the end of the round as you said so thats when I kicked. Once again, Sorry.

Hey Kenny, how do I state the reason for kicking?
Back to top Go down
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 am

sm_kick <player> <reason>

example:

sm_kick adam "kicked for clan member"

or if you use ingame chat

!kick adam kicked for clan member
Back to top Go down
[GF]<Mr.G>

[GF]<Mr.G>

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 3:39 am

K thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need smarter people with admin privs?   need smarter people with admin privs? Empty

Back to top Go down

need smarter people with admin privs?
Page 1 of 1